It’s time to have some Hallowe’en fun! On Friday, October 30th we are going to have a modified ‘Hallowe’en Dance’ in the gym during the school day. We’ll put some ‘spooky’ music and students
can dance their heart out. To ensure COVID 19 safety protocols are followed, only students in learning cohorts will be invited to the gym together at one time. Students are invited to dress up in Hallowe’en costume. Please remember no gory costumes, no fake weapons and/or full masks will be allowed.
If you receive a notice of payment from the school library for lost or damaged library books please DO NOT send cash in to the school. Please use the school cash online system; the school is currently not accepting cash payments due to COVID. Please use this link https://sd62.schoolcashonline.com/
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the school cash online system please feel free to email the school office (email@example.com)
The parent portal is now open. Any parents unable to log in – please try to re-set your password. If you are unable to re-set your password without assistance please email the school (firstname.lastname@example.org) to inform us. Once your passwords/usernames have been set up for you you will receive an email.
“MyEdBC” is a secured online portal used by most school districts in BC. Security is guided by BC’s School Act and FoIPPA. In the Family Portal, parents can:
- Check attendance
- Ensure contact information is up to date
- See assessments/grade information/transcripts
- View report cards and summary of progress reports (not in elementary schools at this time)
How to log in and access MyEducationBC:
- For our initial log in you must use a laptop or desktop computer. After the initial log in, you can use your phone or other devices.
- Make sure pop‐ups are enabled for your browser
- Please follow the instructions on the attached document to login and change your password- SD#62 – MyEdBC Family Portal Instructional Manual
Once inside the MyEducationBC system you can navigate around to view information for your student(s). If you have a child in middle/secondary schools in the district, you will have already gained access and will not receive and additional email.
Who has access to the Portal?
- Teachers, Principals and Vice Principal
- Parents/Guardians (two max per child)
- Students – each student has their own login
- Glenwood Meats – please send receipts to school and Nikkie will collect them
- COBS Bread
- Wishart account is now open at GFL Bottle Depot. See the PAC Facebook page for further details
2) Future PAC meetings will be held via MS Teams on the 2nd Thursday of the month @ 6:30PM. Links allowed will be limited so please email email@example.com to have a link sent to you. October meeting is moved to Oct 15 @ 6:30PM Please see PAC Facebook page or the school website for meeting minutes
3) Bottle collection bin has been removed from school parking lot, please take your returnables to GFL Bottle Depot and donate to the Wishart account
4) First fundraiser of the year has begun. Please check your child’s backpack for the Santa’s Helper catalogue and order form. Orders must be returned by Oct 26. Any questions you have can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for supporting Wishart!
5) PAC has successfully run our first Home Alone session of the year. Watch here and the PAC Facebook page for details on future dates.
6) PAC would like to express our gratitude to the Westshore Lion’s Club for their donation towards our school library.
Thanks to the advocacy of our PAC from last year and this year, and the financial support of the City of Colwood, Wishart Elementary will soon be getting a crossing guard. The crossing guard will be at the cross walk in the morning and after school to ensure the safety of Wishart students.
Please find the link for this job posting Advertisement – Crossing Guard. Wishart
Parents must do a daily Health Check as outlined by our School District. Students MUST NOT come to school if they are sick. If you have not completed the consent for daily health check, please do so. Students will be washing their hands frequently during the school day.
WHETHER IT BE A COMMON COLD OR SORE THROAT, PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL IF THEY ARE SICK
If your Child is Ill:
If a student is ill, with any common cold, influenza or COVID-19 like symptoms including:
-Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
-Muscle or body aches
-New loss of taste or smell
-Congestion or runny nose
-Nausea or vomiting
Parents/guardians must keep their child at home is experiencing symptoms of illness and should not return to school until they have been assessed by a health-care provider to exclude COVID-19 or other infectious diseases AND their symptoms have resolved (BC CDC, July 29, 2020). If a student or staff member is assessed by a health-care provider and it is determined that they do NOT have COVID-19, they may return to school once symptoms resolve. If you are unsure of your student’s status or if they have symptoms contact 811 for guidance.
If your child becomes ill while in School:
As per guidance from health authorities, any child exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will be moved to a supervision area room, where they will be supervised and supported by staff until they are picked up. Parents /Guardians will be notified and advised to pick-up their child as soon as possible. Please ensure that the school has your up to date contact information, including emergency contact information, to ensure timely pickup.
Be Accessible at all times: Please keep your phones on and yourself accessible if you are sending your child to school. If your child is unwell we will ask you to pick up your child/children.
Wishart’s Photo Day is coming up rapidly – October 15th. Please watch your students backpack for photo ordering information. If your student will be absent that day Photo retake day will be November 17th.
For those that don’t receive order information from your students please note that students will be photographed, proofs will be sent home and then parents can review and purchase on mylifetouch.ca
Our students have been running in memory of Terry Fox; however, due to COVID 19 protocols, this has been happening in cohorts throughout the week. We are collecting donations for the Terry Fox Cancer Foundation and are hoping to collect “TOONIES FOR TERRY”. Please DO NOT send cash; instead please use our School Cash Online system. Links for this are below.
SCHOOL CASH ONLINE
In order to use this function you will need to consent to the use; please use this link to register https://consent.sd62.bc.ca/apps/OnlineConsent
Please log on at https://sd62.schoolcashonline.com/ and order your tickets. In order to add your student you will need their student number – if you do not have this please contact the school via email (email@example.com)