To maintain the health and safety of students and staff, the following changes have been made during drop-off and pick-up times starting MONDAY, NOVEMBER 23RD:
MORNING DROP – OFF
- We encourage parents to ‘DROP & GO’ or ‘KISS & GO’ at the parking lot
- There will be cones placed both in the front of the school and at the back on the black top area
- Please drop your children off at the designated areas behind the cones
- Wishart staff will guide students to their cohort areas
- Please DO NOT ENTER THE ZONED OFF AREAS DURING DROP OFF AND PICK UP TIMES – this is a safety bubble for students and staff
- Please drop-off child/ren as close to 8:45 am and limit your time on school grounds
- We always encourage parents to wear a mask and maintain social distancing
- Please do not enter the school including portables at any time
DURING THE DAY
- If you’re picking up your child/ren during the school day, please wait outside the office door and call the office (250 478 9528)
END OF THE DAY PICK-UP
- BACK OF THE SCHOOL: all parents/daycare providers, please stay behind the zoned off area
- Teachers/supervisors will bring your children to you, this includes KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS
- There should be no parents/daycare providers on the black top area immediately behind the school
- Please give students space to leave safely
- FRONT OF SCHOOL: please stay behind the coned off areas
- Kindergarten parents: supervisors or teachers will be there to help bring your child/ren to you
This fundraiser can be done all online, or if you prefer a catalogue and order form, please contact me through the fundraising email and I can arrange a form and booklet to be sent to your child’s class. There will be NO CASH accepted at this time. You are welcome to have as many friends and family members order; we just please ask that you submit one large order and one payment per student if you are submitting a paper order form. All payments can be either e-transfer to email@example.com Password WISHART (password is case sensitive) or cheque made out to WSS (Wishart School Supporters) If you would like to pay via credit card this will only be available with this fundraiser. Online orders can have more than one payment per student. instructions for the online fundraising to follow. NO late orders will be accepted at this time. Please note Wishart Elementary is not responsible for shipping times. The PAC has been told that shipment should arrive before winter break
A shipping date will be given once our order is in. Once a date has been given you will be notified so you are able to make arrangements to have your order picked up as some items need refrigeration. We will do pickup in a drive through type style in the LOWER parent parking lot. Please make sure the student’s name is clearly written on forms or online orders. This is very important for packaging. To order online please go to momspantry.ca fill your cart up with as many goodies as you want! Go to check out – Our schools order number is 321911; Group Passcode is 37455. All orders must be in with completed payment in full by Friday November 27 by 2:30 pm.
Thank you for your support
WISHART PAC NEWS!
1) Ongoing PAC Fundraisers
– Glenwood Meats
– COBS Bread
– Wishart account now open at GFL Bottle Depot
See the PAC Facebook page for further details or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Future PAC meetings will be held via MS Teams on the 2nd Thursday of the month @ 6:30PM. Links allowed will be limited so please email email@example.com to have a link sent to you. The next meeting will be held Nov 12, 2020 @ 6:30 PM
Please see PAC Facebook page or the school website for meeting minutes.
3) Orders for Santa’s Helper are in and being processed, stay tuned for more info on arrival. Thank you for supporting Wishart!
4) Hot lunch site is up and running! Only popcorn available currently. Please see the email sent out by the school for info on registering an account, ordering and payment
As you know, children are organized into cohorts of one or two classes while at school. Cohorts include the people who are able to stay in closer proximity during the school day. At drop of and pick up times, we ask that parents continue to ensure children stay with their immediate family or cohort friends. We are encouraging children to have a meeting place with families that allows for some distancing at pick up times
It is School Board Policy that animals are not allowed to be on School District property. The purpose of this policy and procedure is to ensure the greatest possible level of safety for students and staff with regard to animals on School District property and in school buildings. This general prohibition includes domestic dogs, cats, birds, and other pets, and especially applies to potentially dangerous exotic animals.
Some exceptions may be allowed, only with the prior approval of the Principal, and could include:
– Vision, hearing and service dogs.
– Police dogs under the control of a police officer.
– Pets for show-and-tell.
– Small pets kept in classrooms under the supervision and care of a teacher.
– A demonstration at a school assembly.
Prior to allowing animals in schools or classrooms, steps are to be taken to ensure that students and employees are not allergic to the presence of these animals, that the animals will present no physical danger to students or employees, and that the animals are free from any disease or parasites. Prior to introducing any animals into classrooms and using animals as part of the educational program, teachers shall make all efforts to ensure that students receive instruction in the proper care and handling of animals. Owners of animals will be responsible for the safe and sanitary removal of their pet’s excrement from buildings and grounds.
Please be aware that Wishart students use the outside play areas (playground, forest and fields) from 8:45am-2:45pm and they are NOT accessible to the public during these hours. Please do not bring family or daycare students to the playground / fields during these hours.
We ask that parents continue to ‘Park and Go’ and ‘Kiss and Go’ their child/ren at the parking lot. This is working well for the most part and we request that you continue with this practice. This helps us maintain social distancing and ensure that students and staff are safe.
We will also continue to have cones at the back of the building to prevent crowding during drop-off and pick-up times. It’s very important that we continue to adhere to COVID 19 safety regulation of maintaining social distancing while on school grounds. Please remember that parents are not allowed in the building and this includes portables.
For those that don’t receive order information from your students please note that students will be photographed, proofs will be sent home and then parents can review and purchase on mylifetouch.ca
Things are looking different as we start out this school year, and for now, we are only able to offer Kernel’s Popcorn Days. We will see what the New Year will bring us! Please note the CUTOFF is fairly quick for the first order. There will be no exceptions made so please don’t delay in ordering/paying for your orders.
November – Cut off – Midnight October 31st.
December – Cut off – Midnight November 21st
The “How To” instructions on setting up an account for your family in order to access the online “Hotlunch” ordering is accessible here: 2020 Instructions for set up
If you have any questions at all, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to another fun year with everyone.