Hello Wishart Families,
The end of the year is almost here and that means it’s time to return all the amazing Library books your children have been reading and enjoying! It’s always such a gift to be able watch and help the students find their favorite books and discover new ones.
This coming week is the last week of Library for the year. Please ensure your child returns all their books by their Library day. Emails and notices for overdue books will be sent home next week and the system will be updated daily. An inventory will begin the week of June 21st and its very important to have all the books returned before then.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your child’s library books please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wish all of you a beautiful summer full of rest, reading and play!
For the week of June 21-25th, our teachers have planned ‘Fun Week’ activities so that students are able to participate in their cohort, connect with each other and have some fun. Teachers have signed up their classes/cohort (either AM or PM during that week). Thanks to Wishart PAC for contributing freezies for the ‘Freezie Station’!
In preparation of publishing MyEducation BC year end student summary progress reports, we have developed a tool to help parents/guardians look up their temporary MyEducation BC parent portal password. If you have never accessed MyEducation BC Parent portal, please see attached instructions to help you with this.
Please familiarize yourself with your MyEd parent portal as your child’s information and summary progress reports are located there. While you are in your parent portal, please double check that all your information (contacts, address, etc) are correct. If you need to change your information or need further assistance, please contact your child’s school.
Due to COVID 19 restriction, we will not be having an assembly to recognize our grade 5 students. However, on Monday, June 28th each of our grade 5 classes will hold an in-class assembly. The grade 5 teachers are busy planning their Farewell activities and will be communicating those plans to families soon. We wish all our grade 5 students all the best as they move on to middle school.
We have moved this information – Please look for PAC news, fun food and fundraisers information on the PAC page (under “Parents”/”Parent Advisory Council”)
Moving??? If you know that your family is moving over the summer and you have not yet informed the office please do so ASAP. Thank you for your help with this.
Leaving Early???if you are planning on starting your summer early and know that your child will not be in attendance on the last day we would ask that you please ensure that you collect all of their belongings before leaving. Summer office hours are listed on our website so please swing by if possible during those times to collect report cards. Any unclaimed report cards will be available from the office for pick up once again when school re-opens during the final week of August.
- We appreciate the support of parents in helping us deal with traffic especially during drop-off and pick-up times; thank you for your patience with us and with each other; safety of our students is paramount!
- Please continue to use the ‘DROP and GO’ zone to quickly load and un-load your child/ren; we will guide your child/ren to their line-up when you ‘DROP and Go’ in the morning!
- Please continue to circle around the lower parking lot if your child is not at their pick-up spot
- HANDICAP PARKING- please display your HANDICAP SIGNAGE when using the handicap spot
- We have 2 handicap parking spots
- At the end of the day, if you or a family member arrive early and is waiting to pick-up, you are welcome to use a vacant parking spot instead of using a handicap spot, even though you may have handicap signage, thanks for your help!
- If there are issues, please see Mrs. McArthur or Mrs. Sagodi
As you know, children are organized into cohorts of one or two classes while at school. Cohorts include the people who are able to stay in closer proximity during the school day. At drop of and pick up times, we ask that parents continue to ensure children stay with their immediate family or cohort friends. We are encouraging children to have a meeting place with families that allows for some distancing at pick up times