Morning supervision for all students starts at 8:15 am. Please do not bring children to school earlier than 8:15. Children who arrive at school on the bus have separate supervision. Thank you for your help with important student safety issue.
If you are going to be late picking up your child, please inform school staff and we will keep your child safe.
Wishart Routines and Reminders
- Please be respectful of the coned off areas around the school. We request that parents/caregivers stay behind the cones during drop-off and pick-up times. With over 460 students at Wishart, this creates a safe space for students, and ensures safety for our littlest learners.
- Thanks to all parents for adhering to our signage for reserved parking at all times. This includes all marked staff parking stalls, disabled parking and bus zone.
- When your child is late in the morning, upon arrival please bring them to the office and we will take them to their class.
- Our District Policy in SD62 states that dogs are not permitted on the school grounds. We have a large population of children and families at drop-off and pick up times and we ask that you not bring dogs onto the school property. Thank you for your help.
It is School Board Policy that animals are not allowed to be on School District property. The purpose of this policy and procedure is to ensure the greatest possible level of safety for students and staff with regard to animals on School District property and in school buildings. This general prohibition includes domestic dogs, cats, birds, and other pets, and especially applies to potentially dangerous exotic animals.
Some exceptions may be allowed, only with the prior approval of the Principal, and could include:
– Vision, hearing and service dogs.
– Police dogs under the control of a police officer.
– Pets for show-and-tell.
– Small pets kept in classrooms under the supervision and care of a teacher.
– A demonstration at a school assembly.
Prior to allowing animals in schools or classrooms, steps are to be taken to ensure that students and employees are not allergic to the presence of these animals, that the animals will present no physical danger to students or employees, and that the animals are free from any disease or parasites. Prior to introducing any animals into classrooms and using animals as part of the educational program, teachers shall make all efforts to ensure that students receive instruction in the proper care and handling of animals. Owners of animals will be responsible for the safe and sanitary removal of their pet’s excrement from buildings and grounds.
Please use this link https://consent.sd62.bc.ca/apps/OnlineConsent to consent to the following:
Daily Student Health Check Agreement
General Consent for School Fieldtrips/activities
Google Apps for Education Consent
Internet Access Consent
Na’tsa’maht Indigenous Education
Online Learning Platforms Consent
School Cash Online Consent
Please complete your student consents as soon as possible
Just a gentle reminder to parents to check their students information on the parent portal- https://myeducation.gov.bc.ca/aspen/logon.do. If you require any updates to be done regarding phone numbers, addresses and authorized pick up people please email the information that needs to be changed in to the school – email@example.com
Before contacting the school regarding password re-sets please try this link – MyEd BC Parent Portal Temp Password Lookup Tool
The parent portal is now open. Any parents unable to log in – please try to re-set your password. If you are unable to re-set your password without assistance please email the school (firstname.lastname@example.org) to inform us. Once your passwords/usernames have been set up for you you will receive an email.
“MyEdBC” is a secured online portal used by most school districts in BC. Security is guided by BC’s School Act and FoIPPA. In the Family Portal, parents can:
- Check attendance
- Ensure contact information is up to date
- See assessments/grade information/transcripts
- View report cards and summary of progress reports (not in elementary schools at this time)
How to log in and access MyEducationBC: – use this link https://myeducation.gov.bc.ca/aspen/logon.do
- For our initial log in you must use a laptop or desktop computer. After the initial log in, you can use your phone or other devices.
- Make sure pop‐ups are enabled for your browser
- Please follow the instructions on the attached document to login and change your password- SD#62 – MyEdBC Family Portal Instructional Manual
Parents/Guardians have the opportunity to pay for school and district fees online. SD62 uses School Cash Online, a program which provides parents with the convenience of paying school and district fees online.
To sign up to use School Cash Online, please follow these steps:
- Read the Instructions
- Fill out the Consent Form
You must fill out a separate consent form for each child
Already signed up for an account during online bus registration?
Great! Please skip to “Step 6” in the instructions linked above.
Why do you need to fill out a consent form?
The system is designed to extract some of your child’s personal information contained in MyEdBC (Ministry school database) with School Cash Online. This information will be shared through a secured FTP (file transfer protocol) site (similar to online banking) and will only be used for the purpose of student fees and online payments.
We hope to have the first information transfer complete by mid November. Once your child’s information is transferred, you will be able to sign into your school cash online account, choose your child and attach him or her to your account to pay their fees.
We will send you more information closer to mid November regarding the second phase of the online program.
For inquiries about account setup and using the system, please email email@example.com.
For general information about fees, please contact your child’s school.
All schools in the Sooke School District now have a school app that can be downloaded to your phones. Any information sent out to the parent population and noted on our website are pushed through to our school app. To keep yourself up to date when you don’t have access to your email or the school website please download from your app store.
Parents volunteering for field trips or classroom work require a Criminal Record Check when working with our students. This needs to be completed and on file at the school office prior to volunteering. Criminal record checks for the Sooke School District are to be completed through the Ministry of Justice.
Driving any students in a private vehicle also requires a completed Criminal Records Check as well as a driver’s abstract from ICBC and a copy of your valid driver’s license and insurance showing a minimum of $1,000,000 liability. These are now required for all volunteers when driving for field trips and must be in to the office at least 72 HOURS PRIOR to driving or attending a field trip. Please see the link with information below.
The school office will keep your CRC and Drivers abstract on file for three years from the date of its receipt. Vehicle insurance and drivers license must be submitted yearly.
Thank you again for volunteering your time so our children can have the best educational opportunities.
Important reminder to please inform the school of any medical issues and/or allergies. We strive to provide a safe, healthy environment.
If your student will be absent from school please call the office at 250-478-9528 or email Nikkie in the front office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to notify of their absence.