The CODE OF CONDUCT is established for the benefit of all at Wishart Elementary School
- Students at Wishart Elementary School have the right to learn in a SAFE and RESPECTFUL
- environment free from verbal, sexual and/or physical harassment.
- Students must recognize that any behaviour which interferes with the safety and learning of others is unacceptable.
- By working together with parents, we will ensure positive student conduct.
- The goal is to help students develop self discipline and a sense of responsibility towards others.
Safe and caring school environments are free from acts of:
- Bullying, harassment, threat and intimidation;
- Violence of any form;
- Verbal, physical or sexual abuse;
- Discrimination, especially based on race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex or sexual orientation (BC Human Rights Code);
- Theft, and
Safe and caring school environments do not tolerate the presence of:
- Intoxicating substances;
- Weapons and explosives,
- nor Intruders or trespassers
STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT
Every person at Wishart Elementary School has RIGHTS.
With those rights come RESPONSIBILITIES.
- I have the RIGHT to learn.
It is my RESPONSIBILITY to listen to instructions, attend to my work, and ask for help politely if I have a
question or concern.
- I have the RIGHT to be safe.
It is my RESPONSIBILITY not to engage in rough play, threaten, bully, or physically or verbally harm anyone else and to not bring to school or use any item or substance which might harm me or others.
- I have the RIGHT to hear and be heard.
It is my RESPONSIBILITY to speak and listen respectfully to others.
- I have the RIGHT to be respected.
It is my RESPONSIBILITY to not tease, bother or upset other people or hurt their feelings.
- I have the RIGHT to privacy and to my own personal space.
It is my RESPONSIBILITY to respect the personal property of others, and to accept their right to privacy.
- I have the RIGHT to a clean, healthy environment.
It is my RESPONSIBILITY to respect and protect the environment by recycling or disposing of garbage, and by keeping my work and play area clean.